February 11, 2009

The Work is Picking Up!

  • This week was good. Transfer calls were this week and Elder Talk and I are still not being transferred. That means we will be companions for at least 4 and a half months. Actually, no one in Visak got transferred; we have all been here since I came here. They pretty lmuch whitewashed the whole entire city, except the Zone Leaders. So, yeah, it's pretty fun.
  • They also made another Zone so all the Zones are a lot smaller. I think they did that so the older Zone Leaders can stay in the city and help us younger missionaries learn. Before, they were traveling to other cities in the Zone, so we hardly saw them. I really like having them around. I still have so much to learn.
  • Next week we are going to Hyderabad because Elder Watson from the Area Presidency is coming to India. We are going to hear him and have a Zone Conference again. It is really soon but I'm still happy; I like Zone Conferences.
  • This week we have been doing well. We have really been focusing on getting members to come with us to all our appointments. We have been doing a lot better with that, so that's good. We have two people set for baptism in the next few weeks. I don't know if you remembered, but we dropped one investigator because he wasn't coming to church. The week after we did that he came to church. He has now come for two weeks straight. I guess sometimes we just have to leave it up to them and Heavenly father. He is one of our sets. Seeing him come through the door at church made me really, really happy. I love that scripture in Doctrine and Covenants that talks about how great is your joy if you bring just one soul unto Christ. It is so true, just seeing him walk through the door to church made me so happy.
  • Well, that is all for this week. I have no good stories. I'm still working hard and missing home a little bit since the news of the baby and all, but I'm OK. I'm glad you are all there to tell me about it. : ) Have a good week I love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments for Devon will be visible to all who view the site. I can also email them to Devon for you.