February 15, 2009

Trip to Hyderabad; Conference with Elder Watson

  • This week was fun. Today was Zone Conference in Hyderabad. Elder Watson came, he is a member of the 70 and a counselor in the Asia Area Presidency. He was so good. I am amazed at how much more knowledge he has then all of us. I think it is amazing how when you get more and more authority in the church so much more and more knowledge comes. Even Sister Nichols says that she has had things open up to her just by being a Mission President's wife. I think it's awesome. I can't imagine what the Prophet knows.
  • It was a really good zone conference, but because of it nothing really happened this week. This will be short because of that. I spent all day yesterday on a train. We left at 6 in the morning and didn't get to Hyderabad until 7:30 last night. It was really fun though. I got some sweet pictures, too. I'm kinda excited for the ride tomorrow.
  • That is cool that you met some Indian people. I'ts true about the chilies. I have eaten more than I bet all of you have in your entire life combined. I'm not even exaggerating. I'm starting to crave food though, so that's good. I guess. I'm learning how to cook so I can eat something with you when I get home.
  • I ran into President Smith and his wife at Target along with three women from Hyderabad, India. The family was here for the Special Olympics in Boise, Idaho. They were there filling a cart with chocolate to take home. As it turned out, the grandmother had been born in Visak, Devon's current area. She called it her "mother state". They now reside in Hyderabad, where he actually was the week they were in Boise. Funny.
  • The mother was interested to hear that my son was serving on a church mission in India, and requested his phone number so that they could call him when they arrived home. We explained that I didn't have it (she probably thought that was odd), but President Smith got their addresses and we will pass them on to Devon. Maybe he will be in Hyderabad at some time and will be able to look them up. Wouldn't that be exciting?
  • About the chilies, President Smith said that they were not very happy with the American food that they had been having, so the Smith's took them to WinCo to buy supplies for what they wanted to cook. The grandmother bought a whole produce bag of jalapenos and one of dried red chilies. I guess she used them all in the one meal! Can you imagine? I think that Devon is starting to crave those endorphins that come from eating such hot food! MM
  • Well, I love you all. I'm so thankful for your support and love. I know that this church is true and I'm thankful that you all stayed active and were great examples to me. Thank you so much.
  • Stayed active? Was there ever a problem with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments for Devon will be visible to all who view the site. I can also email them to Devon for you.