August 15, 2008

Devon's Second and Last MTC Letter

Devon's second letter arrived today. Yeah!! Here are some quotes from it:

  • I got a haircut today. My hair is so short. I don't know what to do with it.
  • We get to go to the referral center 4 times a week which is pretty cool. People call in to receive either a video or a Book of Mormon. We get to talk to them and sometimes teach them. I have gotten to teach a few first lessons over the phone. It is the closest thing we have to teaching real people.
  • I love you all. I love the gospel. I am so thankful that I am here. . . . I'm so glad that you taught me well. I have strong testimony of the gospel. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know with all my heart that Joseph Smith restored the gospel and translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God. I am so thankful for all the help the Book of Mormon is to me. I also love the Spirit. I feel it 24/7. . . . . It strengthens me in everything I do.

Devon will be flying out with 14 other missionaries for India on Monday, the 18th. They will not arrive until the 19th. The time difference from Twin to India is 11 1/2 hours, so it will be Tuesday evening when they arrive. And he thought that that first Thursday was the longest day of his life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments for Devon will be visible to all who view the site. I can also email them to Devon for you.