August 2, 2010

The Last, but not the Least

  This is the last email from India.  I have been editing and correcting all his letters, but for this last one, I thought I would leave it as it came.  We are at this very minute in Salt Lake waiting for the time we can head out to the airport to see him come off of the plane.  Can not tell you how excited I am.  

  • Well i cant believe this is my last email.  i feel like i will neverstop being a missionary.  i guess when i get home it will be like hitting a brick wall.  im excited for that wall though.  :)
  •  I think i am a little taller.  i had a lot of growing pains, but i never measured myself.  proably not much taller.    
  • as far as my last words go....hahah  i just want you all to know that you are the greatest family i could ever ask for.  im so thankful for you all.  i have learned so many things that i didnt even know from
    each of you.  im thankful for your faith and the way i was raised. 
    i talked to president nichols about this before he left,  it was never hard for me to keep the commandments.  i wasnt perfect, but i was a pretty good kid.  i attribute that to you and your examples.  i hope i am being that kind of example to others. especially Stratton and Crayson.
  • I have a testimony of our savior.  i have seen the power of his atonement in others lives, and that is when i have gained the greatest apreciation for it.  i know that he died for me and my sins.  i
    testify that God lives and loves each and everyone of us.  i have recognized his hand in my life and the lives of others so much in the past two years.  i know that he takes care of us and he always will.
  • i know the Book of Mormon is true.  i have read it.  i have prayed about it and recieved a witness that it is God's word.  I know that it  answers our most sincere questions and guides our lives.  it took me a
    long time to see the importance of the living prophet.  watching conference has become as exciting as watching college hoops in March.  i love Thomas S. Monson and know that he is God's prophet today.
  • I kno9w that the Gospel changes lives i have seen it.  i love the country and people of India.  i dont think i can ever forget some of the faces i have met.  they will be forever engraven in my mind for one reason or another, but mostly for the great impact they have made on me.  I find it interesting that when you want your mission to end it doesnt, but when you dont want it to end it does.  I feel that way
    right now.  i want to serve the Lord all my life and i will, just in different ways.
  Elder Jenks has served an amazing mission in an amazing place.  Anxious to start hearing the stories.  The growth of character and spirit has been obvious in his letters home.  He has rendered a service to be proud of.  His and our lives have been changed.  We thank our Heavenly Father for the blessing of being his parents and the blessings Devon has received while on his mission.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments for Devon will be visible to all who view the site. I can also email them to Devon for you.